KinderCare Learning Center Promo Codes & Coupons

0 coupons — Last coupon added 620 months ago — More information at

Related Coupons You Might Like

Related Childcare Discussions

Child losing things that always show up in weird places. What's wrong?

I would get her a thorough checkup to rule out anything unlikely. If she is telling the truth, the answer could be ADD or ADHD (she's so busy with her racing thoughts she literally does not remember being in that room and putting her toy there) or she could be sleep walking or even having absent sei...
Rebecca Adele Scarlett answered this on Jul 12, 2015 Posted in Childcare1 answer — Last reply 26 months ago

Keen for advice as to next steps in potential child counselling career.

Hi, I'm a 30 year old male and my background and education is in film and media production.

About 3 years ago I decided on a career change towards work which I found more satisfying, so I started working at schools and through that I moved into doing one to one support roles with children who have behavioural problems.

For the past 18 months I've been working as a senior support worker/unqualified PE teacher at a school for children with emotional and behavioural problems whilst studying towards a masters degree in Psychology.

I now have my masters and am coming to the end of the school year, so I need to consider my next steps, this is at request of the school.

As you can probably tell from the above, I have a lot of strings to my bow; I'm quite creative, sporty, technical (good with computers) and I have an understanding of children's development and an ability to be patient, strong and considerate when it comes to children with challenging behaviour. I have lots of empathy with them, mostly due to my own personal therapy sessions, which I've had for 4-5 years now, which gave me a real insight into my childhood and how it developed who I am today!

I guess I'd like some guidance as to my next steps. I'm drawn to training to become a child counsellor/therapist of some kind. I'd like to find a course to get qualified for a role and to specifically learn about mental disorders which can affect children, such as ADHD, ODD, Autism, Aspergers etc.

I'm based in London and I wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Thank you!

Alex Wilding asked this on Jul 5, 2014 Posted in Childcare0 answers

kyle prendergast asked this on Jun 8, 2014 Posted in Childcare0 answers